Diving and Driving is among the best cuba travel packages. Hence, “Diving and Car to Cuba” has been designed to unite the best in land and sea. You can combine these two attractive offers and manage your trip with your car to manage your time.
Features of the “Diving and Driving to Cuba”, cuba travel package.
- Duration: 7 days and 6 nights.
- Destinations: Havana, Viñales, Cayo Levisa, Bay of Pigs.
- Guide: At the request of the client.
- Driver: At the customer’s request.
- Accept children: Yes.
- Maximum of participants: 20 people.
- Minimum of participants: 2 people.
- Typology: Nautical, Historical.
- Languages: English, Italian, Spanish, French, German.
- Price: 1095.00.
Things to do in this cuba travel packages.
Day 1. Welcome to Havana Airport to Cuba.
Pick up at the airport and transfer to the hotel or house. Accommodation and Dinner.
Day 2. From Havana to The Terrace and Viñales for Diving.
After breakfast, leave the city on the highway (A4) towards Pinar del Río (A4). You will drive an hour, more or less, on this wide road, almost without traffic. Before seeing the detour to Las Terrazas (at 52.5 km) turn right. You will head to the impressive Sierra del Rosario. An area of 25,000 ha with tropical forests, plants and wild orchids, declared a Biosphere Reserve by Unesco. The region is a delight for nature lovers. Consider having a cup of coffee in the quaint town of Las Terrazas or going for a walk.
When approaching Pinar del Río, the landscape becomes wavy and green. After the city of Pinar del Río, the road snakes towards Viñales. The landscape is dazzling. Fields of bright green tobacco, guarded by fertile ground vermilion color and interspersed with dark green cedars and towering palms. Meanwhile, farmers plow fields with oxen alongside iconic tobacco drying houses guarded by majestic “mogotes.” Characteristic formations that give this area its unique charm. Accommodation in a hotel or Bed and Breakfast.
Day 3. Cuba Travel Packages from Viñales to Cayo Levisa.
Access to the beautiful beach of Cayo Levisa is by boat from the port of Palma Rubia. It has three daily departures at 10:00 am, at 2:00 pm and at 6:00 pm (Tickets are included if you have made a reservation for the Hotel Cayo Levisa, otherwise you can buy it at the place, it costs 15,00 CUC per person/trip, subject to change).
You will pass through Rancho San Vicente, La Palma and Manuel Sanguily before reaching the small port of Palma Rubia, from where the ferry leaves. The car will stay here in a guarded parking lot.
Day 4. Cayo Levisa for Diving and Driving in Cuba.
Cuba is the largest island in the Caribbean and is considered a diving paradise. The reasons are no secret. The crystalline waters stand out with favorable temperatures throughout the year and underwater visibility of up to 30 m. In addition, the coral reefs and numerous islands (cays) here, block the strong currents that reach the coast. These are the perfect conditions to appreciate the abundant and multicolored underwater flora and fauna.
Cayo Levisa is part of the Colorados Archipelago and has a beautiful coral reef off the coast. It has more than 120 species of fish, 200 species of sponges and many other marine animals. Here, we have a slogan that defines us by its reality: “life is a beach and then you submerge”.
Day 5. Cuba Travel Packages in Bahía de Cochinos.
The return ferry from Cayo Levisa leaves every day at 09:00 (and at 12:20 pm and 5:00 pm). Once on land in Palma Rubia, take the main road east to Bahía Honda. Continue to Mariel – Guanajay (where it becomes the A1 Highway), skirt of the periphery of Havana. Stay on this route, National Freeway is also known.
Soon you will arrive in the province of Matanzas, a fairly flat area, characterized by fields of sugarcane and citrus. Continue to Jagüey Grande, where you will turn right, passing Guamá, before continuing to Playa Larga or Playa Girón. Both places are 34 kilometers further south, in the Bay of Pigs. Divers of all levels come here for superlative diving (and snorkeling).
Between Playa Girón and Playa Larga is the Cueva de los Peces. Overflowing with an impressive variety of tropical fish. It is a marine cave, a geological formation created when the roof of an underground river collapses. Playa Girón became famous when it was the site of the nefarious mercenary landing supported by the United States in 1961.
Day 6. “Diving and Driving to Cuba” in the Bay of Pigs.
The peninsula or Ciénaga de Zapata has become one of the most important diving destinations in Cuba. It’s not a surprise: the conditions for doing so are considered among the best on the island. There are 11 dive sites, all accessible from land, without the need of a boat and making the dives more affordable.
Day 7. The optional after Cuba Travel Packages.
Here ends our detailed itinerary guide. Independent travelers always have a wish list that they take advantage of to fulfill and design their own adventures. We recommend you to continue to Trinidad and stay for 3 or 4 days. From Trinidad you can go straight to catch the flight back.
Useful tips to enjoy “Diving and Driving in Cuba”.
- First remember to deliver your car in the same location where you picked it up so you do not pay extra charges.
- Then, keep in mind that Cuba is an eternal summer and will be long in coastal areas.
- Wear caps, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, shirts of fresh fabrics and light colors.
- Appropriate shoes for the coast and other comfortable for the time on land.
- You cannot miss water, sweets, light foods or sweets to stay hydrated and energized.
- Put a raincoat in your backpack in case it rains and the camera to store your memories.
Booking of cuba travel packages “Diving and driving”.
- Easy Booking Cuba will adjust the prices according to the number of customers.
- Promotional discounts will apply for groups of 4, 6 and 10 people.
- We will check the departure with you, in the 48 hours prior to your reservation.
- When selecting and making your reservation, we will send you the voucher and invoice of the chosen tour. Please print the voucher if you have the possibility to show it to your guide.
- In order to avoid losses, it does not require showing your identification to the guide. In other words, your passport or tourist visa can be left in your rooms. Instead, we recommend that you bring a copy of these documents with you.
- 30% of the trip will be paid in Euros or usd, with a credit card or bank transfer. While the rest (70%) will pay in Cuba in CUC.
- We clarify that, bank charges, commissions for use of credit card or transfer, Easy Booking Cuba does not assume them. That 30% that pays us in euros or usd is net.
Terms of Cancellation for our Cuba Travel Packages.
- If you cancel up to 16 days before your arrival, you will receive a full refund of the amount paid less an administrative fee equivalent to 3% of this amount. The minimum rate that applies is 10 euros.
- If you cancel your reservation between 15 and 4 days before the arrival date: we reimburse 50% of the total amount you paid.
- Caneceling only 3 days before the day you will arrive and no-show: we will not refund. It is penalized 100%.
- Early departure. In the event that you decide to close your tour earlier than planned, or not use (some) items included in your travel reservation such as dinners, tours, hotel nights or transfers, there will be no refund.