Called the “First City”, Baracoa is rich in one of the most appreciated products in the world: cocoa. That is why Cocoa Trail Excursion Cuba can be very exciting. The respectably combination between man and nature demonstrates the benefits of caring for the environment. The mountains of Baracoa keep peasants, birds, field animals and abundant vegetation among their skirts.
The climate of this region, behind a mountain range, is cooler and rainier than in the rest of the East. That is why we can go after “Cocoa Trail” because this plant needs special conditions. The baracoenses settlers who live in the mountains have the way of life the cultivation of cocoa. In addition, from the mountain slopes run several rivers that cool the area. Knowing the kindness of the people and their humility will be two additions to the experience you are about to live.
Characteristics of the Cocoa Trail Excursion Cuba.
- Duration time: 6 hours.
- Guide Service: Yes.
- Maximum of Participants: 20 people.
- Minimum Participants: Does not have.
- Accepts Children: Yes.
- Km to cover: 9 km round trip.
- Departure time: 8:30 am.
- Includes Lunch: Yes, with a national drink included.
- Includes Transportation: Yes, shared up to 4 people per jeep.
- Collective or Private Transportation: At the customer’s request.
- Language: English, Italian, Spanish, French, German.
- Typology: Nature, Bird Watching, Trekking, Hiking.
- Price from: 45.00.
Things to do in the excursion “By the route of the Cocoa”.
- Pick up at the agreed place or at the casa particular or hotels.
- Departure from Baracoa on the road to Holguín.
- Arrival to the camping “El yunque” and detour to Finca Duaba.
- Tour of the Duaba estate and explanation of the history and cultivation of cocoa.
- Arrival to the Reception Office of the National Flora and Fauna Company. Start of the footpath.
- Walking tour to the Duaba waterfall.
Throughout the tour you will appreciate the rich Cuban fauna that inhabits Baracoa. Once arrived at the campsite “El Anvil”, 600 meters later we will take a route to the Duaba estate. In this typical peasant house you will know everything related to cocoa, as well as other varieties of fruit trees. At the end of the stay there, we will continue to the Reception Office of the National Flora and Fauna Company. This office marks the beginning of the hike: 2 km in search of an excellent and beautiful waterfall, the Duaba. From this haven of natural waters almost paradisiacal you can see huts, birds, bamboo rafts to transport.
This trip through the Baracoa countryside, its natural resources, means to produce current, transport and live, will be an apprenticeship. Relaxing in the crystal clear waters of the waterfall and making unforgettable photos will be a rich and fun experience. We guarantee it.
Tips for Cocoa Trail Excursion Cuba, Baracoa.
- To our clients we recommend light and light colored clothes, common in the tropics.
- Also use hats, caps, sunscreen, mountain tennis or comfortable shoes and closed, suitable for long walks.
- We suggest you bring a bathing suit, other sandals, a raincoat or umbrella in case it rains and water.
- Sun glasses, sweets, proteins, some light foods and plenty of water.
- Remember that in a trip the camera is essential.
Conditions of reservation of Cocoa Trail Excursion Cuba.
- Easy Booking Cuba will adjust the prices according to the number of clients.
- Promotional discounts will apply for groups of 4, 6 and 10 people.
- We will check the departure with you, in the 48 hours prior to your reservation.
- We will send you the voucher and invoice of the chosen tour. Please print the voucher if you have the possibility to show it to your guide.
- In order to avoid losses does not require showing your identification to the guide. In other words, your passport or tourist visa can be left in room. Instead, we recommend that you bring a copy of these documents with you.
- 30% of the tour will be paid in Euros or usd, with a credit card or bank transfer. While the rest (70%) will pay in Cuba in CUC.
- We clarify that, banking costs, commissions for use of letter of credit or transfer, Easy Booking Cuba does not assume them. That 30% that pays us is net.
Cancellation Policy for Cocoa Trail Excursion Cuba, Baracoa.
If you wish to cancel the tour, here we show you our cancellation terms, once you have paid.
- If you cancel up to 16 days before your arrival, you will receive a full refund of the amount paid less an administrative fee equivalent to 3% of this amount. The minimum rate that applies is 10 euros.
- If you cancel your reservation between 15 and 4 days before the arrival date: we reimburse 50% of the total amount you paid.
- If you cancel only 3 days before the day you will arrive and no-show: we will not refund. It is penalized at 100%.
- In case you decide to close your tour earlier than planned, or do not use (some) items included in your travel reservation such as dinners, tours, hotel nights or transfers, there will be no refund.