We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this tour.
Baracoa is an aruaca voice that is related to the waters, from the rains and rivers to the sea. During your stay here, you can enjoy many Excursion Cuba Baracoa, but one must not miss, the “Navigating the Yumuri Canyon“. This tour is reached by the road to Maisí, passing through El Jamal, a singular town of the municipality of Baracoa. The place not only seduces with its landscape also it is happy with the kiribá and the nengón. Both traditional rhythms and roots of the Cuban son. During the trip you will appreciate and live a very natural environment. You will away from the norms of the big cities.
On the way to the Yumuri Canyon, you will find a fishing village. As if it were all of them, they weave their nets on the fronts of the houses, they sing cheerful work songs. They compare fisheries in the best of minds and join the wildest vegetation of the place. In Baracoa, plantain or banana, cocoa and coconut are the super foods that distinguish the region. And you can see how they are grown from their canoe.
Characteristics of the Excursion Cuba Baracoa “Yumuri Canyon”.
- Duration time: 7 hours.
- Guide Service: Yes.
- Maximum of Participants: 4 persons per jeep.
- Minimum of Participants: Does not have.
- Accepts Children: Yes.
- Km to cover: 56 km (Total).
- Departure time: 8.00/9:30 am.
- Includes Lunch: Yes, wit a national drink included.
- Includes Transportation: Yes.
- Collective or Private Transportation: At the customer’s request.
- Language: English, Italian, Spanish, French, German.
- Typology: Nautical, Nature, Bird Watching, Hiking, Historical.
Things to do in the Excursion Cuba Baracoa, Yumuri Canyon.
- Departure to the Yumuri Canyon via Maisí road.
- Tasting typical dishes of cocoa and coffee at Zoila’s house.
- Observation of the Atlantic coast and its black sands from the road.
- Surprise of the tunnel called Paso de los Alemanes.
- Walk of 450 meters to the curve of the Boruga mountain.
- Views of the Yumuri river canyon from the viewpoint of the place.
- Observation of birds, trees and animals that are inside the Protected Area.
- Cayuca ride (traditional baracoense boat) to a key in the middle of the river.
- Upon return, swim time on the beach of crystal clear waters of Bay de Mata.
- Return to Baracoa.
Tips for the Excursion Cuba Baracoa”Navigating the Yumuri”.
- We advise you to put in your travel backpack: water, sunscreen, caps, light foods, some sweets.
- Also some extra sandals for bathing on the beach and rivers. But for the ride, put on some closed, comfortable shoes.
- The clothing should be light, fresh and of light fabrics. That it does not lack a raincoat or an umbrella in case it rains, it happens usually.
- It is important that you have a good physical condition for this excursion.
- Remember your photo camera.
Conditions of reservation of “Navigating through the Yumuri Canyon”.
- Easy Booking Cuba will adjust the prices according to the number of clients.
- Promotional discounts will apply for groups over 4, 6 and 10 people.
- In the case of this excursion, no minimum number of people is required for your reservation. In addition we will check the departure with you, in the 48 hours prior to your reservation.
- When by weather conditions, reasons over our efforts require cancellation, Easy Booking Cuba will offer you two options. One will be an alternative excursion. The other will be the total reimbursement of the cost of your excursion.
- When selecting and making your reservation, we will send you the voucher and invoice of the chosen tour. Please print the voucher if you have the possibility to show it to your guide.
Best period to book this excursion?
- Easy Booking Cuba is always ready, regardless of season of the year or Cuban tourist season. It only depends on your tastes: high season, very pleasant temperatures or low season, when fewer tourists visit the large island of the Caribbean.
- In order to avoid losses does not require showing your identification to the guide. In other words, your passport and tourist visa can be left in room. Instead, we recommend that you bring a copy of these documents with you.
- For group over 4 person you must to pay the 30% with a credit card or bank transfer. While the rest (70%) will pay in Cuba in USD.
- We clarify that, banking costs, commissions for use of credit card or transfer, Easy Booking Cuba does not assume them. That 30% that pays us in euros is net.
Cancellation Policy, Excursion Cuba Baracoa”Yumuri Canyon”.
If you wish to cancel the tour, here we show you our cancellation terms, once you have paid.
- If you cancel up to 16 days before your arrival, you will receive a full refund of the amount paid less an administrative fee equivalent to 3% of this amount. The minimum rate that applies is 10 euros.
- If you cancel your reservation between 15 and 4 days before the arrival date: we reimburse 50% of the total amount you paid.
- If you cancel only 3 days before the day you will arrive and no-show: we will not refund. It is penalized at 100%.
- Early departure: In the event that you decide to close your tour earlier than planned, or do not use (some) items included in your travel reservation such as dinners, tours, hotel nights or transfers, there will be no refund.