International Specialized Event 2023
2022 has marked a watershed moment in history, an extraordinary epochal shift. We have been called to readjust all levels…
International Wellness and Health Workshop. Today’s challenges
2022 has marked a watershed moment in history, an extraordinary epochal shift. We have been called to readjust all levels of society, to envision new possibilities and to overcome the challenges that can lead to a healthier, more equitable and sustainable world.
Wellness is a vital concept for restarting the world after COVID-19.
The future of health and wellness are key pillars, in addition to ecology, the economy and public safety. An opportunity for people to improve their potential, improve the quality of life of communities and for governments to reduce health costs.
What trends are emerging in the world of health and wellness?
How will the various markets, the vast industries, be transformed?
The $ 4.5 trillion global wellness economy, growing twice as fast as the global economy, for 73% of global consumers wellness is now considered an essential.
Reflecting on how to solve the socioeconomic, environmental, health and wellness challenges that lie ahead is a priority.
The great community that works in this sector plays a fundamental role in the new stage it faces; new concepts of integral medicine, lifestyles, food, travel and hospitality, as well as, in our homes, workplaces, social and environmental environment.
In recent international congresses it has become clear that the pandemic has allowed Balneology and thermal waters to be recognized for their influence in strengthening the immune system and their role in rehabilitation. Essential services.
All this will mean a change and new opportunities for Health and Well-being Tourism, which should bet on training, digitization and offer innovative experiences in health and sustainability.
“Restart, Renew, Restore the world with Wellbeing”, a current theme that is guiding discussions and experiences.
“Well-being and health. New challenges today”
The event will foster the necessary dialogue and collaboration between all stakeholders with workshops, interactive sessions, practical demonstrations, product promotions, B2B, business contacts and business opportunities.
We will explore the future of trends, research, innovation and training in health, healthy and sustainable lifestyles, with a positive mental approach in this new stage, for the well-being of all.
Promote comprehensive health and all its components: physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, social and environmental. A new vision for the future of wellness that summarizes key concepts and practices on a new path to healing and growth as the world emerges from the pandemic.
In the complex and extraordinary context we are living in, the idea of well-being becomes even more challenging.
Join the wellness!
Health and wellness tourism
- Multidisciplinary approach to health care and wellness.
- Invest in Wellness with innovative experiences in rural areas. Looking to the future, promoting the territory, local economies and sustainability
- Rural Wellness Tourism, a proposal for Accessible Tourism for all. Expectations
- Digital marketing; strategies for the development of the sector.
- Promotion of natural environments and resources, local cultural and gastronomic experiences. Today’s wellness challenges
- The waters (thermal and marine) emerge as a market for investments. Thermae & Thalassa; opportunities for redevelopment, green infrastructure and modernization of existing centers in healthy natural destinations
Traditional cultures and well-being
- The art of doing Yoga. Guidelines and benefits for health, full and balanced life. Body wellness, hiking, meditation, mindful eating.
- Yoga retreats; different themes and approaches
- Tai Chi. Exercises, energy balance as health promotion
- Ayurveda: Ancient Medicine. Prevention and maintenance of health
Health, resilience and wellness vision
- Nutrition and healthy eating.
- Longevity healthy, active, safe and happy life expectancy.
- Rehabilitation in thermal centers, spa, thalassotherapy.
- Strategic exercises and balneology for health and well-being.
- Post Covid Syndrome: Synergy and efficiency of thermal treatments.
- Comprehensive well-being of women.
- Beauty and Health. Latest generation dermo-cosmetic treatments, natural and Bio.
- Fitness and mental health, finding balance.
- Mindfulness and meditation. Health benefits and implications.
- Natural and traditional medicine. Connect with nature, alternative forms of healing and relaxation. Therapies based on natural elements.
One world, one medicine, one health.
- Research, training and practical application key points of collaboration.
- Promote the future of health.
- Recommendations focused on promoting the important role of women in health and wellness centers. Professionalism, leadership and sustainability from a gender perspective.
Equity, Gender and Health
- Approaches to put into practice the effective participation of women and real equality of opportunities in health and welfare centers. Full activity in the fields of work, management, management, organization, training, essential for inclusive and sustainable development.
The creative process of making art. Expressive therapies and emotional well-being
- Dance movement therapy
- Music therapy. The effect of music on health, mind and emotions
- Writing, reading and crafts therapy. Cognitive activities and mental health
- The role of art. Drawing, painting, design, sculpture, crafts and mental well-being.
Training and qualification. International chair of health and wellness tourism in Cuba
- Unique in Latin America and the Caribbean. It contributes to the global demand for infrastructure and excellence in care and sustainable development in this current priority sector.
- The Chair will allow to increase the positioning of the area as a leading destination in health and wellness tourism, a platform that will generate value by developing multisectoral integration programs, research, innovation, detection of trends, strategies such as seasonally adjusting tourism demand, as well as transfer of knowledge to the business sector, advice on business opportunities, technological solutions, with a staff of professors and experts from different countries.
Activity program. International Workshop on Wellness and Health. Today’s Challenges
Activities of March 2
- 9.00 – Inauguration and institutional greetings
- 9:30 to 11:00 – Scientific activities
- 11.00 to 11.30 – Coffee break
- 11:30 to 13:00 – Scientific activities
- 13.00 to 14.00 – Lunch
- 14.00 – Inauguration of the International Chair of Health and Wellness Tourism
- 14.30 – Inaugural conference
- 15.00 to 15.30 – Coffee break
- 15.30 – Conference
- 16.00 to 18.30 – Free time
- 19.00 – Welcome Cocktail
Activities of March 3
- 9.00 to 11.00 – Scientific activities
- 11.00 to 11.30 – Coffee Break
- 11.30 to 13.00 – Scientific activities
- 13.00 a 14.00 – Lunch
- 14.00 to 15.30 – Conferences
- 15.30 to 16.00 – Coffee break
- 16.00 to 17.00 – Conferences
- 17.15 – Departure by transfer to visit the historic center of the city of Havana, a World Heritage Site
Activities on March 4
- 9.00 – Departure by transfer to visit the Historic Thermal Center of San Diego de los Baños. Lunch and conclusions.