Before you opens a beautiful opportunity to discover the nature and Ecological Cuba Tours to Baracoa. This park where you will walk “Alexander von Humboldt Park” is recognized since 2001 as a World Heritage Site. This Cuban region has the peculiarity that it has more than 12 rivers and 15 other tributaries. This hydrographic network is the largest in the country and has its own legends. In addition, the park is included in the Cuchillas del Toa Biosphere Reserve.
When you walk “Through the path of Alexander von Humboldt Park” you will be able to observe and photograph several heights of the Cuban East. Among the best known and the highest we can mention El yunque, Alto Bonito or Alto de Cayo Grande. In this reserve there are living fossils that you can capture with your lens if you put enough attention. Among the name of the elusive is almiquí and together with the lineated woodpecker and the caguarero sparrowhawk are in danger of extinction.
Characteristics of the Ecological Cuba Tours to Baracoa.
- Duration time: 8:30 hours.
- Guide Service: Yes.
- Maximum number of Participants: 20 people.
- Minimum number of Participants: None.
- Accepts Children: Yes.
- Departure time: 8:30 am.
- Includes Lunch: Yes, with a national drink included.
- Includes Transportation: Yes, shared up to 4 people per jeep.
- Collective or Private Transportation: At the customer’s request.
- Language: English, Italian, Spanish, French, German.
- Typology: Nature, Bird Watching, Trekking, Hiking, Historical.
- Price from: 50.00.
Things to do in Ecological Cuba Tours to Baracoa.
- Pick up and departure from the Private House and Hotels in Baracoa.
- Trip to the Alexander von Humboldt National Park.
- Observation of the crossing of the Duaba and Toa rivers.
- Arrival at the park and reception in the visitors area for useful information.
- Start of the walk through the Iberia Balcony.
- Upon return, swim time at El Majá Waterfall.
National Park Alexander von Humboldt.
This park is located in the Cuchillas del Toa biosphere reserve. The reserve holds the title of World Heritage since 2001 and is almost a third of the territory of Baracoa. It is 37 km from Baracoa in the direction of Holguín. Being located north of the municipality, during the transfer you can enjoy an excellent landscape. It is a crossing of two rivers: one with history and the other with a large flow. From views to the bays of Maraví, Navas, Maguana and Cay Güin.
The exorbitant variety of trees and small mangroves near the coast stands out in the Alejandro de Humboldt park. Several investigations developed for the signaling of the park come from the brotherhood with the Humboldt University in Berlin. It is also the starting point for a long and attentive walk.
Balcony of Iberia, Ecological Cuba Tours to Baracoa.
With the town of Santa María welcoming you, the trek begins crossing the river of the same name. It will be 11 km in which you will try to see endemic species and some of those that are threatened. Among the most elusive is the almiquí, a living Cuban fossil. On the other hand it is safer to listen or see parrots, some tocororo, a carpenter or even a restless zunzuncito. After having walked for so long, your body will appreciate a bath time at El Majá waterfall. A waterfall of 5 meters and when leaving the possibility of enjoying a freshly brewed coffee or chocolate.
Return to Baracoa.
To return we will take another path that will allow us to reach a beach that has an interesting coral barrier. In its sands and turquoise waters you can rest or bathe, but you will be, without doubt, alienated. It will be a time to rethink everything you have seen and how it helps you in your life.
Tips for the Cuba Tours “Alexander von Humboldt Park”.
- To our clients we recommend light and light colored clothes, common in the tropics.
- Also use hats, caps, sunscreen, mountain tennis or comfortable shoes and closed, suitable for long walks.
- We suggest you bring a bathing suit, other sandals, a raincoat or umbrella in case it rains and water.
- Sun glasses, sweets, proteins, some light foods and plenty of water.
- Remember that in a trip the camera is essential.
Conditions of reservation for Ecological Cuba Tours to Baracoa.
- Easy Booking Cuba will adjust the prices according to the number of clients.
- Promotional discounts will apply for groups of 4, 6 and 10 people.
- We will check the departure with you, in the 48 hours prior to your reservation.
- We will send you the voucher and invoice of the chosen tour. Please print the voucher if you have the possibility to show it to your guide.
- In order to avoid losses does not require showing your identification to the guide. In other words, your passport or tourist visa can be left on room. Instead, we recommend that you bring a copy of these documents with you.
- 30% of the tour will be paid in Euros or USD, with a credit card or bank transfer. While the rest (70%) will pay in Cuba in CUC.
- We clarify that, banking costs, commissions for use of credit card or transfer, Easy Booking Cuba does not assume them. That 30% that pays us is net.
Cancellation Policy for Cuba Tours to Baracoa.
If you wish to cancel the tour, here we show you our cancellation terms, once you have paid.
- If you cancel up to 16 days before your arrival, you will receive a full refund of the amount paid less an administrative fee equivalent to 3% of this amount. The minimum rate that applies is 10 euros.
- If you cancel your reservation between 15 and 4 days before the arrival date: we reimburse 50% of the total amount you paid.
- If you cancel only 3 days before the day you will arrive and no-show: we will not refund. It is penalized at 100%.
- Early departure: In case you decide to close your tour earlier than planned, or do not use (some) items included in your travel reservation such as dinners, tours, hotel nights or transfers, there will be no refund.